Indoor Air Quality Testing Service
IAQ Testing Services offered by Big Red is a comprehensive assessment of the indoor air quality in a building. The services include testing for various parameters such as Mold, VOCs and Formaldehyde. The testing process is done using specialized equipment and techniques such as air sampling and mold testing. Following the testing, Big Red can provide recommendations and solutions to improve indoor air quality. The services can be carried out for a variety of industries and buildings.
Indoor Environmental Diagnostics Service
Indoor air quality (IAQ) is essential for maintaining a healthy and safe living or working environment. At Big Red, we offer comprehensive IAQ testing services to identify potential sources of indoor air pollution and recommend solutions to improve the air quality in your home or commercial building. Not only is poor IAQ in your environment a health hazard, but it can also negatively affect productivity levels, which becomes an issue, particularly in offices where staff absenteeism increases. This is also known as the “Sick Building Syndrome”.
Types of IAQ Parameters Tested
Buildings are complex and to properly understand the health of the indoor environment, Big Red uses a comprehensive approach. Our IAQ testing can include a combination or all of the following parameters:
- Air Temperature
- Air Velocity
- Respirable Suspended Particles
- Particulate Matter (PM) 2.5
- Total Volatile Organic Compounds
- Relative Humidity
- Carbon Dioxide
- Carbon Monoxide
- Total Viable Bacterial Count
- Total Viable Mold Count
Air Contaminants Related to Remediation
There are numerous environmental factors, as described above, which can cause less than ideal IAQ conditions but below are three components which would require further investigation and potentially extensive remediation:
- Mold: Mold can cause a variety of health problems, including allergic reactions and respiratory issues. Our IAQ testing includes assessments for the presence of mold in your indoor environment and its speciation, to classify the species of mold affecting your space.
- Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs): VOCs are gases emitted from various sources, including paints, cleaning products, and building materials. High levels of VOCs can cause eye, nose, and throat irritation, headaches, and other health problems.
- Formaldehyde: Also a type of VOC which gives off a rather pungent odor. It is used in a wide variety of products and industrial processes, such as adhesives and building materials. Long-term exposure to high levels of formaldehyde in the air can cause respiratory problems and irritate the eyes, nose, and throat.
Frequently Asked Questions About Indoor Air Quality Testing Service in Singapore